Through the day I added more things and crossed things off, and by the end of the day I had:
- fetched potting soil and fertilizer and a pot from the local nursery, along with some mulch, and repotted my little apple tree that has one leaf right now,
- cut some of the wildflowers next to the driveway that had gotten knocked down, and put them in a vase,
- broken down the pile of empty boxes in the office and put them in the recycle bin,
- emptied the dishwasher and refilled it,
- washed the couple of dirty pots and pans in the sink, and cleaned the kitchen counters,
- helped Suzanne with clearing out the back garden, including taking out several thistles that had grown taller than me,
- cooked a couple of quarts of oatmeal (with slivered almonds and dried currants in it) for breakfasts through the week,
- and started a load of laundry.
I need to remember this technique for the future. Having the list definitely helped -- both with motivation, and with remembering all the various things I wanted to get done.
Crossposted from Dreamwidth (original here), with comments. Comment here or there; comments here will eventually be duplicated to there.